Learn More About
Mueller’s Affordable Homes Program
Join a virtual information session.
The next session is taking place on June 23rd at 12pm
About the Program
In support of the community’s goals, the master plan for Mueller includes a commitment to diversity, providing a wide range of home types and prices. Mueller ‘s affordable homes program was created specifically to include homes for families earning less than the area’s median income that might not otherwise be able to afford a home in central Austin. Catellus, the City of Austin, Mueller homebuilders and apartment developers work together to provide a portion of all the homes at Mueller at a purchase or rental price structured for these households through Mueller’s affordable homes program.
For Sale Program
The Mueller Affordable Homes Program includes 25% (approximately 1,550 at completion) of the total for-sale and for-rent residences throughout the community.
Each phase of new construction of for-sale homes may have more or less than 25% of those homes in the Affordable Homes Program, as long as the community in whole reaches 25%. For-sale affordable homes will be interspersed alongside market-rate housing within each phase.
For more information and questions please contact Community Wheelhouse
firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-900-3683
Mueller Homeownership Resources
First, review the Road to Homeownership and Step-by-Step Guide (en espanol). This document will help you determine eligibility and point you in the right direction for next steps. You can also review the Mueller Resources Guide, a comprehensive list of all the groups that can help with becoming a homeowner in Mueller.
Then, get your questions answered and decide if homeownership is right for you. Review the FAQs (en espanol) to determine if you might qualify for the Program. Need to speak with someone? Community Wheelhouse is the Mueller Affordable Homes Program administrator.
For more information and questions please contact Community Wheelhouse.
For Rent Program
All apartment communities will include homes in the Mueller Affordable Homes Program with one to three complexes planned to be predominately affordable and target to seniors or families.
- Reserved for renters at 60% or below Austin MFI; household income is certified annually
- Rental rates are set by individual apartment communities and generally allow buyers to spend approximately 30% of gross income on housing
- Units included in every Mueller multi-family community as well as in predominately affordable apartment communities for seniors and working families
- All units reflect Mueller’s award-winning master plan, design and Green Building standards
- Click here to download a PDF version of Affordable Rental Program Eligibility Guidelines.